Monday, November 10, 2008

Wood Floors

Today our wood floors are being put in! We were originally planning to install them ourselves. It is a glue-down 5" engineered wood. I got it off the clearance rack at Lumber Liquidators. I was excited because they looked really nice and were still on the closeout rack, so I snatched them up! Guess I should have done a little more research first.... If it had been a click-lock type installation we could have handled it just fine, but no one we knew had personally done a glue-down installation. The more I found out about glue-down and the more horror stories I heard about buckling wood floors, the more nervous I became about doing it ourselves. The guy who is doing our carpet, is someone my FIL Danny has worked with quite a bit in the past and he said he would have his guys install the wood for less than half of what most people would charge us. Needless to say we replied, "Okay, have at it!" I feel good about the decision because now it will be done by professionals, and it will get us into the house that much faster and with one less thing (one big thing) to worry about. So here's what the floors should look like:
(this pic is from lumberliquidators.com)

No comments: