Monday, December 29, 2008

Our December in a Nutshell

Since we have not had internet at the house for the past month... I haven't updated in a month. Sorry. I will do a recap now and vow to be more diligent in the new year!

My brother Caleb and his wife Jennie moved to Brownwood, TX this past summer. Even though it is only 2 1/2 hrs away, we had not made it out to see them. So to make up for it we went twice this December. This first weekend was just becaused we missed them and the second weekend was for Reese's 2nd birthday!


This little one cracks me up with how much she likes her toes!


Uncle Randall found Reese some Jelly Beans........... a common favorite for the pair.



Aubrie really wanted that milkshake!

These pics were taken at a little soda shop/drugstore we stopped at for some ice cream!


Sweet boys.





Then Uncle Randall helped put up a Christmas tree for the second time this year! (Caleb had a meeting at church and we were anxious to decorate it!)
Here are a couple pics from when we went back down for Reese's birthday!

Yay firetrucks!

Watch out for this one- he is bound to be an all-star in one sport or another. Current favorites are golf, baseball, and basketball. (He will make a golf club out of any object he can find)

Grandmother and Poppy joined us for the trip for his brithday.

Somehow Grandmother and Aubrie always seem to match!


The weekend before Christmas, Randall's family came in to celebrate Christmas early! i LOVE that I love all my inlaws and that we have so much fun together. This year we finally got to play games and it was a blast (even if we had to lock the kids up in the back room in order to do it)...just kiddding, no children were harmed in our holiday fun! Speaking of...here are the little darlings:

Granny & Grandad came over and joined us for dinner.




I'm not sure if Uncle Randall is attacking Bryce, or if Bryce is attacking Uncle Randall here!



So many gifts! This isn't even the half of it!

Christmas Eve was celebrated at my Grandma Carol's house where we had the traditional wonderful enchilada dinner. My contribution were these snowflake red velvet cookies:




Mom and Dad being festive in their red.

My favorite part of Christmas Eve is the the midnight service - I love it! The church is old with wonderful architeture, the music is beautiful, and there are candles!


This year Shelby and Nate happened to come to the same service we went to! These two just got engaged and I think they are great for each other!


Christmas Day, Randall and I slept in until 11! We had nowhere to be this year and no kids of our own to wake us at the crack of dawn, so we enjoyed getting some extra rest! The rest of the day was spent having a lovely lunch at my cousin Amy's house, and then dinner at my Grandmother's.

My cousin Jordan's baby- Saniyah trying to kiss Aubrie. There are babies everywhere this year!



Poppy says that Aubrie "smiles with her eyes". It's true.



This is papadede's gift to Reese and Aubrie. Notice papa / dede is one word (dede is what Reese calls my mom). I think it takes my parents back to see these two so close in age like me and Caleb were.

The Day After Christmas we opened presents with my parents and Caleb and Jennie.


Also over the holidays I got together with some girlfriends and had some good food, and good conversation!

Overall it was a wonderful Christmas of relaxing and enjoying family and friends.

No comments: