Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Being Aunt

I love being an aunt! So far I have 4 nieces and 3 nephews. And guess what?! I'm about to have TWO MORE nieces! Katie announced to us that she was pregnant with twins last fall and we have been eagerly awaiting their arrival ever since. Well I guess they could tell that we were anxious to meet them because they are trying to come early- way too early in fact. The past week has been quite an ordeal for Katie, Jason, and their family. Katie is now on full bed rest at the hospital and she is only at 26 weeks in her pregnancy. She seems to be stable but the doctors say the babies really could come at any time. We are all hoping and praying that those girls stay in a while longer so they can grow big and strong before making their debut. In the meantime Katie is being a good mom by relaxing in her hospital bed (although I'm sure she is about to go nuts because she is confined to one spot!) We have been trying to entertain her, for example, last Saturday night all the siblings went up and played games in her room until very late and had a great time (I'm sure the nurses appreciated that)!
I have no doubt about how cute these girls will be. Randall and I have nothing but cute nieces and nephews- if you don't believe me, take a look at our existing 7:















No comments: